Subscribe    RSS Feeds    Twitter            Contact Us
728_header.jpg (23748 bytes)
 Home   EB Blog   AB Blog   Letters   Podcasts   Forums   EPIS   PR Service   Classifieds   EKG   Ratings
  Rate Services
  Yellow Pages
  Advertising
buyersmarket2aaa2.JPG (7729 bytes)
Mon May 14 2012 15:54:52

eBay Seller Sucked into Beta Selling Interface

By: Reader
Have you heard anything about the "new" selling interface on eBay? I ran into it yesterday when I tried to list some new items - apparently I'd been switched over to the "test/beta" interface with no notice or information. I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to use an existing listing for "sell similar" (which kept dumping me into their new interface, requiring me to start from scratch) and trying to find my saved templates, which I couldn't get access to no way, no how.

I finally started Googling for info, and found several discussion threads on eBay's Community about this - and one kind soul had posted a link that she said worked for some sellers, and also she said she had had to call customer service and they switched her back while she was on the phone with them.

I tried and link, and it seems to have worked for me - I was able to find and use my saved templates, and use an existing listing for "sell similar."

I looked through your recent blog entries, but didn't see anything about this. Has anyone else contacted you about this?

What a time waster! I can't understand how they intend to use this new interface since it has no way to get to saved templates. However, I didn't go any further than the initial screen, which asked me to describe my item in a few words - I backed out and kept trying to find the "old interface" to use.

So it's possible that if I had entered a few words and hit "okay" that some future screen would have had a link to my templates. But I was in no mood to waste more time doing their beta-testing when it may well have meant I had to re-set up all my "rules" and reformat all my content; plus I had no way to know if I would be "locked into" some new process.

That was before I Googled for others in the same boat. I also saw other sellers complaining that they couldn't find their saved templates; not sure if they went any further than that initial screen, either.

Just FYI. Oh, and I did send them "feedback" on how helpful that page/screen was. NOT.
Deb

eBay Seller Sucked into Beta Selling Interface   eBay Seller Sucked into Beta Selling Interface
This user has validated their user name. by: Anonymous Annie

Mon May 14 23:16:03 2012
I've always made it a rule to stay away from any software (or webware) that includes the "beta" label... or the "point-oh". Notoriously the worst and buggiest versions to avoid at all costs.

And when it comes to eBay... even the point-five or point-seven versions are STILL not mature and STILL buggy.

Good luck, Deb! I hope things work out for you.
This user has validated their user name. by: Ed Gadfly

Tue May 15 09:32:28 2012
Send eBa'al an invoice for your time.

Send a copy to the Consumer Affairs Department or your state's Attorney General.

Demand a cashier check or money order.
by: Kelly This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 15 12:19:13 2012
On a whim I foolishly tried out one of ebays new sell your item forms from their ''garden'' site--was awful! Wonder if it's the same one the op is describing. They kept forcing me to try to enter the item UPC or other code so that it could be listed with their catalog.  Major pain. Luckily I was able to easily opt out of that beta test. That was the last time I experimented with their garden beta products.

If you don't want to have to relearn how to list (or be forced to use something you don't want to use in the first place), just stick to a 3rd party listing service and avoid ebays lousy sell your item form. Let us keep our businesses going without the random experimentation, ebay!
by: moonmyst This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 15 22:47:41 2012
The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. When I saw the new user-UNfriendly listing screens, I called eBay IMMEDIATELY and asked them what the heck was going on. They said I should have been able to click on an ''Opt Out'' button. Of course, there was no such button. Why does eBay constantly have to screw with their sellers?? I'm seriously thinking of going to eCrater.
by: comet This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 15 23:09:28 2012
How could we get ALL small sellers on ebay to place lets say TEN items on eCrater or where ever?  This would ramp up the numbers there and also drive us curious buyers to the site!

Ideas anyone?
by: adrian44 This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 15 23:31:24 2012
I would rather see all of eBay's sellers list just five items on Bonanza! It is such a great place and a big breath of fresh air after eBay. Very easy to us, no listing fees and only about half of what eBay charges in commission fees! C'mon sellers it's worth a try, costs nothing to list!
by: biddude This user has validated their user name.

Wed May 16 00:10:45 2012
I believe that there is a link at the top of the listing page that you can click to revert back to the old way of listing At least there was the last time I listed something a week ago Who knows what they'll change next.I wish the brainiacs would just keep cashing their checks and going to lunch and quit trying to fix something that's not broken
by: blaumann This user has validated their user name.

Wed May 16 00:37:31 2012
No link at the top of the page being discussed. This is an incredible ebay Hell deal. I was confronted with this. Somehow i got free. Ebay just can't stop trying to make us dumb. They supply canned answers to put in feedback if you go to the right(WRONG) place to leave FB. From my experience Bonanza is not an answer. No sales.
by: spirit-of-shiloh This user has validated their user name.

Wed May 16 05:30:29 2012
I tried the Garden last year and it was horrible. The layout sucked and uploading pics a pain in the rump. I then cancelled the listing and it took me about an hour to get out of BETA and back to the old eBay.Never again :(
by: bacpro This user has validated their user name.
Wed May 16 08:45:59 2012
Bonanza traffic sucks, I've been selling there since it started and have sold maybe 10 items, I'm thinking of closing my booth.
This is in response to adrain44 comment about bonanza.
by: timeaftertime This user has validated their user name.

Wed May 16 20:47:10 2012
I got caught in what must have been this same thing probably a month ago.

NO warning, NO messages, just when I went to ''Sell an item'' I got this new form!! which was completely UNUSABLE for what I needed to do. I tried for probably 15 minutes but I could not get out of it, could not make it get away and could not get into the old listing format I wanted.

I finally telephoned and the rep said she would ''OPT ME OUT'' which she apparently did because I was able to use the familiar format when I returned to the selling function.

I am sooooooooooo sick of whenever something FINALLY is working smoothly, eBay decides to CHANGE it !!!!

Letters Blog Recent Posts