|Mon Oct 29 2012 14:15:16|
How Does eBay Define One-Day Handling Requirement?
I just got a notice from eBay that I had lost my top-rated seller status since during the lookback period, I had uploaded only 45 of 51 shipments within my stated one-day handling time. Since I've been working really hard on meeting that deadline, that was a bit of a surprise.
Looking at eBay's report of the 6 transactions that are counted against my top-rated status, here's what I found:
1) payment received at 22:20 on a Sunday; tracking number uploaded Tuesday morning.
2) payment received at 20:09 on a Tuesday; tracking number uploaded Thursday early afternoon.
3) payment received 16:55 on Sunday; tracking number uploaded Tuesday morning.
4) payment received 20:52 Tuesday, tracking number uploaded Thursday morning...
5) payment received 19:20 Friday, tracking number uploaded Tuesday afternoon.
6) payment received 11:08 on a Thursday; tracking number uploaded Saturday.
Ok, that last one's on me, but the rest... has eBay redefined "business day" to extend to midnight? Or include weekends? I didn't promise same-day shipping; I promised 1-day handling time, that is, NEXT business day shipping. By my count, 98% of my tracking numbers were uploaded within my stated handling time.
Anyone else have this issue? Is there some biz jargon by which eBay's evaluation makes sense?
I'll be calling eBay on my next business day, which is Monday.
Another eBayer fallen down the rabbit hole...
Comments (20) | Permalink