Subscribe    RSS Feeds    Twitter            Contact Us
728_header.jpg (23748 bytes)
 Home   EB Blog   AB Blog   Letters   Podcasts   ABTV   Forums   EPIS   PR Service   Classifieds   EKG   Ratings
  Rate Services
  Yellow Pages
  Advertising
buyersmarket2aaa2.JPG (7729 bytes)
Sun Jan 2 2011 11:18:07

eBay Sellers Complain about Shop Airlines America Broker

To the Editor:
Please consider updating Ina Steiner's December 16, 2007 article "Yahoo Japan Deal May Help Boost eBay.com Sales" (link). The Shop Airlines / Sekaimon / Yahoo Japan alliance deserves closer scrutiny. Please read the input of many eBay sellers in this long and revealing thread.

I hope your website will have the courage to print an updated story on what at first seemed like a good thing but has ended up ripping off numerous eBay sellers.
Grace

eBay Sellers Complain about Shop Airlines America   eBay Sellers Complain about Shop Airlines America
by: Mitzi
Sun Jan 2 11:48:52 2011
They have bought several items from me in the past, and I have never had a problem with them. I did follow their requested instructions as far as entering the shipping info and putting the ebay ID number on the package.
This user has validated their user name. by: Stockmiser

Sun Jan 2 12:09:34 2011
The issue isn't that they always rip off sellers - it's that they (and others like them) aren't accepting any liability on their end should something occur during the international shipping process.

So even though you are shipping to a USA address, when the customer in Japan or Korea doesn't get their widget a month later, the ''broker'' simply files against the original seller.  They'd like you to believe that they handle all of the international risk, but in reality they don't.

This company, for example, claims to inspect every package upon arrival before shipping to Japan.  So why would a claim for damage occur 1+ month later (as is often the case)?  Or a non-delivery occur 1+ month later even though there is delivery confirmation for an item 3 days after purchase?  The timeframes tell the tale - the item was damaged or lost during international shipping and they don't want to take the hit, so they file against the original seller.

It's a racket, and I gladly have them in my block list.

by: Rick1313

Sun Jan 2 12:21:26 2011
Ah! The use of the word, ''liability'' and the fraudulently way (like how eBay,inc. operates) that one transaction partner tries to avoid it at the cost of the other trading partner.

Nice to see another poster pointing this out.
by: STUNNED

Sun Jan 2 14:55:28 2011
WOW, I read through the posts and the second poster is correct. They are passing all of their liability onto the original ebay seller. However, I am seeing a much more sinister pattern on ebay and paypals part.

It looks like a real live CONSPIRACY with all three companies. It looks to me that ebay and paypal are actually PURPOSELY allowing this company to DEFRAUD their own sellers in order for ebay and paypal to benefit from the sales and the company to escape responsibility and liability for its own warehouse and shipping issues.

According to the posts, ebay and paypal are actually refunding this company for all of the claims regardless.

I think there are two types of a conspiracy going on here.1. to UNJUSTLY enrich the all three companies at the sellers expense and 2.to actually DEFRAUD their own sellers for their own financial gain.

Just another example how ebay and paypal work in BAD FAITH.
by: notstunned

Sun Jan 2 15:34:02 2011
just another example of why not to sell high value items using ebay or paypal
no seller protection
by: e-memories

Sun Jan 2 16:02:44 2011
reminiscent of the greenteapass episodes
by: buck efay

Sun Jan 2 16:42:34 2011
I have sold to them several times problem free. Several hundred dollars & multi items, no problem yet. However, I do fill in their requested paperwork, label the box with order number, ship with tracking & insured, and follow up with their online form as requested, which gives instant pos fb. Realize you are dealing with a company that gets loads of various sized junk sent them daily, and are a Japanese company meaning probably not many English speaking staff, and you'll be OK. I love Japanese buyers as they like the things I sell.
by: Steven

Sun Jan 2 20:54:22 2011
Yeah.....I've had issues with these guys for a long time. I especially took exception when the new rules came out regarding disputes and not having more than 1%, etc.

You know what...we have a ton of customers. We don't have time to put item numbers on every package addressed to them. I don't have time to upload tracking onto their systems. Plus, the emails they send to sellers say it's optional to even upload the tracking onto their website. I could sit here and actually send them email after email with the tracking for a package....but if it wasn't uploaded into their system on their site, they would still open a dispute. I would then upload tracking onto the dispute showing the item arrived weeks earlier. This happened several times this last spring. I finally wrote them (Shop Airlines) and told them I was going to block them because they kept opening disputes for packages that had arrived that were counting against our seller performance. We rarely have disputes....but I swear at one point we had three open from them for three different sales.....all items which had arrived weeks earlier.

To buck efay....forget that. They are the ones who need to realize they are dealing on an English speaking site....they need to hire people who speak English then. And trust me....I've gotten emails from people at Shop Airlines, they have people who speak perfect English.

Now what we do is upload the tracking onto their site immediately. They automatically leave a positive the same night for the seller. After that, I really could care less if the item gets to wherever in the world their customer is. They won't ever leave neg feedback, either. It's just a threat from their canned emails.
by: fallonthalia
Sun Jan 2 21:26:53 2011
Thanks for alerting me to this.  I did have them buy a group of books from me last fall (September?) on eBay, and everything did go okay.  But, now, I would probably just cancel their bid.
by: Lyn

Sun Jan 2 23:24:04 2011
Shop Airlines America has a dispute open against me now.  They didn't notify me of the problem until 39 days after the tracking information showed the package was received.  On Day 46, they filed a dispute.  They have not returned the item; just demanded an immediate full refund.  I believe their claim that the size was wrong is fraudulent and asked them to send me a photo of the size tag in the garment as proof of their claim.  That was requested more than two weeks ago, but still no photo proof and no returned item.  In the meantime, the dispute stays open in my Resolution Center.  I have offered them a refund if they return the garment, but of course, they just want the refund....they don't want to return the item.  I guess the case will go to eBay for arbitration.  We know who will get screwed.  In the meantime, I will block Shop Airlines America.  Why does eBay allow this type of extortion?
by: Jane

Sun Jan 2 23:39:18 2011
I have had problems with Shop Airlines America too.  If you want to block them, here are some of the names they use:

flight2nrt
flight2sfo
flight2lax
flight2nyc
fl
ight2ord
flight2hnd
flight2cts
flight2fuk
flight2kix

flight2bos
by: me

Mon Jan 3 00:00:35 2011
Are there any rules which allows buyers to make demands like that? Can anyone do that or just ebay's biggest partners?

I also wonder what the level of automation is? Do they have software/apps to file chargebacks, SNAD or INR complaints en masse? Could such software (of it exists) be faulty or rigged?

Not to mention what seems like a deceptive username which falsely gives the appearance they are dealing with Americans or an American company.

Sleazy!

by: exebayseller

Mon Jan 3 08:33:00 2011
''...I guess the case will go to eBay for arbitration.  We know who will get screwed.  In the meantime, I will block Shop Airlines America.  Why does eBay allow this type of extortion?...''

eBay Sign In page says it all:

''We'll work with sellers to make it right''
The term ''work with'' is comical.
The term ''make it right'' automatically assumes that the seller is/was wrong.
by: exebayseller

Mon Jan 3 08:45:01 2011
eBay appears to be attempting to make all sales FOB destination where the seller is responsible until product is delivered at FINAL destination. In this case the US destination IS where the seller's liability for loss or damage ends. That should require their agent to open and inspect/repack ALL shipments through their facilities and accept liability from that point on. For all practical purposes, the US destination is the final destination.
by: STUNNED

Mon Jan 3 10:19:49 2011
The fact is, once the seller gets the package to its original destinations, in this case the SUPPOSED US destination, their obligation IS FULFILLED. ebay, paypal nor the 3rd party vendor can require extra services or obligations especially when they are then processing it from there, unless of course the seller agrees to such terms.

I have not dealt with this company as far as I know but I have already blocked all of the ids gracious sellers have provided.

Maybe if enough sellers block them ebay and this company will start to understand that this company needs to be accountable and that they are only hurting themselves by trying to pass the liability to unsuspecting sellers.

I know there will still be many sellers who will sell to them because they only see $$ signs in their eyes but maybe when they get hit enough times they too will realize they are not making money and the cases filed will cost them even more.

I also thought ebay was supposed to hold buyers accountable for their many claims but I guess as usual ebay only enforces the rules for CERTAIN people so this company can have endless amount of claims without worry.
This user has validated their user name. by: Bob

Mon Jan 3 17:03:06 2011
I too have sold to them. I had problems over a month after my item was delivered to California & yes, I did follow all their PITA instructions. They were deceptive: In their emails they tried to act like the item was being inspected & still at their warehouse in California but wouldnt offer to return the item. Definetely NOT worth the headache to deal with them so all 10 of their user names are on my blocked bidder list...
by: Harmony Grove Antiques

Mon Jan 3 17:17:05 2011
We sold a lamp to them a while back. They sent an email claiming it was not as we advertised and demanding we send them $10 (where that came from is still a mystery).  They then filed a SNAD so we paid the $10 and went on with life.

They are now blocked as is all of their eBay IDs above.
by: Fruity This user has validated their user name.

Tue Jan 4 13:36:52 2011
It's international postal fraud and wire fraud. Send the complaints to the FBI. With as many comments on that thread, you could of made an impact by filing a complaint with proper authorities.
This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen
Tue Jan 4 17:48:16 2011
eBay has been knowingly aiding and abetting unscrupulous sellers to commit wire fraud on unsuspecting eBay buyers for years; the further anonymising of bidding IDs served no other purpose than to deliberately obscure such criminal activity even further. Regrettably, no one in authority seems interested in this criminal organization’s facilitation of such gigantic fraud on consumers.

eBay/PayPal/Donahoe: Dead Men Walking.
by: Fruity This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jan 5 11:58:31 2011
Also, Paypal is required to follow Visa/Mastercard operating rules. A simple email to Visa & Mastercard stating that Paypal is facilitating the criminal activity of this company and not properly invstigate puts them in the hot seat. If they dont comply then they get fined. You think this is a case of Ebay doign this.. but its not. Underlying all of this, Paypal has the responsibility.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7  [Next Page]