Sat July 15 2017 15:03:28

eBay Changes the Way Users Share Auction Links

By: Reader

Just for you to check out. I tried this morning to send directly from an auction I have on eBay the link of the auction to a friend and unlike in the past where the page was sent directly from eBay, it opened a box asking me which one of my social media and emails I want to send the link of the auction to!

Is eBay trying to get out of "harassing" unknown customers by getting its members to get the blame? Dunno, but you can try it yourself.

My only gripe with this new policy is that I can't send auction links to my former customers anonymously without having to use my personal email. Sometimes this is helpful, sometimes not.

I just found it more convenient when I had more than one customer for the same item hoping that they would bid each other and get a higher price for my item. No more, thanks eBay!
J.

eBay Changes the Way Users Share Auction Links   eBay Changes the Way Users Share Auction Links

by: imbloated This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 17 02:55:00 2017

Sounds like data mining by ebay. They want to see your facebook and other accounts or find out which sites you are using.

by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Jul 17 07:22:09 2017

Yes, all the sites are doing this.  the "share" button is everywhere and I only use my email and send to friends who know my name.
For the OP, they can get another "business" email and use that.  I, for one, am sick of the Instagramming, twitter (altho I have an account and use it), FB, I think it's intrusive and now they all want to compete for your use.

This user has validated their user name. by: VV

Mon Jul 17 07:50:04 2017

Do not have facebook, twitter, instacrap or any of these other time wasters.

This user has validated their user name. by: weber796

Mon Jul 17 11:46:11 2017

EBAY IS FOR EBAY AND DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THEIR SELLERS. IT'S THEIR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY. WISE UP AND PROTECT YOURSELF AND START LOOKING TO LIST YOUR PRODUCTS WITH OTHER VENUES AS I DID AND WAS HAPPY TO GET RID OF EBAY WITH THEIR PHONEY REASONS TO GET RID OF YOU.

by: val2525 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Jul 19 01:01:28 2017

For the OP - if you're sending links to former customers, open a business email account and use that. Problem solved.