Subscribe    RSS Feeds    Twitter            Contact Us
728_header.jpg (23748 bytes)
 Home   EB Blog   AB Blog   Letters   Podcasts   ABTV   Forums   EPIS   PR Service   Classifieds   EKG   Ratings
  Rate Services
  Marketing Inserts
  Yellow Pages
  Advertising
buyersmarket2aaa2.JPG (7729 bytes)
Tue May 1 2012 12:20:03

Etsy Seller's Sales Plummet in Wake of Wedding Category Changes

Regarding "Etsy Opens Wedding Shopping Hub and Registry"

I would love for you to read some of the forums under the Community Forums on Etsy. Try this one. There are many, many more.

Etsy has alienated their sellers. The registry is great. WE have no problems with that but eCommerce is no longer. Etsy has turned into a site that picks and chooses winners and losers in the Wedding category.

Take a look at a different category and then go to the Wedding category and see how very different it is. By changing to this format and placing it incorrectly on the site buyers no longer have the option of browsing through the categories of their choosing. Etsy has chosen what the brides will see by blocking out 99% of the sellers.

My sales have plummeted! Before BLACK SATURDAY (when they changed the site) I was averaging 75 favorites daily. I have had only 10% of the favorites since the change. My sales were doing so well I had a meeting this week with an insurance person to see if I would be able to make Etsy my full time job. Etsy is my husband's full time job.

This is disastrous! It's pretty if you like the Pinterest knock off look but disastrous to the seller's who ARE Etsy's customers. The buyer's are the seller's customers.

I hope you are able to take a look at some of the forums. Thanks so much for your time.
Kathy

Reading EcommerceBytes Letters Blog: Etsy Seller's Sales Plummet in Wake of Wedding Category Changes

Etsy Seller's Sales Plummet in Wake of Wedding Cat   Etsy Seller's Sales Plummet in Wake of Wedding Cat
This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Tue May 1 13:48:43 2012
Wow, they are turning into eBay. This move is SO eBay.
by: Susan Averello This user has validated their user name.
Tue May 1 16:32:29 2012
That really sucks for anyone who sells wedding items on Etsy. I sell caketoppers on Artfire and with their wedding gift guide I do very well.
by: craftstation This user has validated their user name.

Tue May 1 22:00:01 2012
No suprise, Etsy has been playing faves for years and doing the same to the new category is another way for Etsy to ''jury'' the site as they always have, with a very limited and narrow aesthetic.  A large percentage of Etsy best sellers are on their faves list, get tens of thousands of dollars of free advertising & mktg from Etsy.  It's always been a juried site (with a pedestrian outlook that never changes) without admitting it in public.
by: JimJuris This user has validated their user name.

Wed May 2 14:46:09 2012
Artfire will welcome all Etsy wedding product sellers who are affected by this recent change.
by: Roselachapelle This user has validated their user name.
Sat May 5 14:08:19 2012
I totally agree with this post and I am experiencing the same problem.  To make such a drastic change in the wedding season is very poor planning to say the least.  I purchase supplies based on my previous sales - I don't know what to do now.  I've emailed support and recieved no reply.  I would love to find an alternative to Etsy.

Letters Blog Recent Posts