Subscribe    RSS Feeds    Twitter            Contact Us
728_header.jpg (23748 bytes)
 Home   EB Blog   AB Blog   Letters   Podcasts   Forums   EPIS   PR Service   Classifieds   EKG   Ratings
  Rate Services
  Yellow Pages
  Advertising
buyersmarket2aaa2.JPG (7729 bytes)
Sun Jan 2 2011 11:18:07

eBay Sellers Complain about Shop Airlines America Broker

To the Editor:
Please consider updating Ina Steiner's December 16, 2007 article "Yahoo Japan Deal May Help Boost eBay.com Sales" (link). The Shop Airlines / Sekaimon / Yahoo Japan alliance deserves closer scrutiny. Please read the input of many eBay sellers in this long and revealing thread.

I hope your website will have the courage to print an updated story on what at first seemed like a good thing but has ended up ripping off numerous eBay sellers.
Grace
Reading EcommerceBytes Letters Blog: eBay Sellers Complain about Shop Airlines America Broker

eBay Sellers Complain about Shop Airlines America   eBay Sellers Complain about Shop Airlines America
by: Wiser
Thu Jan 6 11:48:35 2011
Nowadays i'll take any sale i dont have the luxury of being picky.They've never left me any feedback tho.
by: kelli

Thu Jan 6 12:35:11 2011
When Ebay first started this venture with Shop Airlines America I contacted them and was very specific about the fact that I did not do business with any 3rd parties or any international overseas transactions.  I complied with the one and only time purchase they made from me and had no problem.  As soon as the purchase was completed to the best of my ability I blocked them all and stated in my descriptions that I would not accept bids from 3rd parties that represented any International Overseas on-line Auctions.  The 3rd party being Shop Airlines America.  I knew it was nothing but a big fat headache from the get go and I did not appreciate Ebay thinking it was just okay dokey to list my items on that on their on=auction without permission from me a seller...I don't care if they have a base in the USA...BLOCK THEM ALL...SAVE YOUR SELF A HEADACHE OR TWO...
This user has validated their user name. by: Philip Cohen
Thu Jan 6 17:20:30 2011
[b]New Laws Govern Guns, Web, Banks[/b]

04576058221048255628.html?mod=djemWMP_h

“…
California made it illegal to intimidate, threaten or defraud someone using a website.”

The question then is, will this law stop eBay and PayPal from continuing to knowingly facilitate and/or commit wire fraud on their consumers, or will it be business as usual at (California-based) eBay and PayPal?

eBay/PayPal/Donahoe: Dead Men Walking.
by: Cindy_S

Sat Jan 8 23:20:13 2011
I wonder how this company can get away with having multiple user names.  "Normal" users aren't allowed more than one. If you get caught having two, one of them will be closed by ebay.  How does this company rate???  They've been on our blocked bidders list ever since a fellow seller had a nightmare transaction with them.  They wrote once asking if they could bid. That's a time when the Delete button worked very well.
by: NetSellsIt This user has validated their user name.
Sun Jan 9 12:28:44 2011
Problems with shipping damage on 3 of 8 transactions.  Shop America will not participate in parcel insurance claim.  They will file NADs.  And eBay or PayPal will ALWAYS find in their favor.  All known IDs blocked.  More pop up... its like Whak-A-Mole.
by: An FYI

Wed Jan 19 08:34:50 2011
Cindy_S,

You are wrong if you think a user cannot have more than one ebay id. Each id has to be attached to a different email. Go reread policy on that one. You can have as many id's as you want as long as they don't interact with each other, in other words, say you sell, your other id's cannot bid/buy from yourself, etc. You can have multiple selling id's and multiple buying id's. You also can't use one buying id to circumvent someone's BBL if you have been blocked from buying by a seller.
I don't know who or what gave you the idea that you couldn't have multiple id's but that just isn't true.
If you do catch someone circumventing your BBL, report them.
by: lawman

Sun Jan 23 14:00:32 2011
I am a little confused by some of the earlier comments.

If you ship your item to the US address for this airline/broker, and you have delivery confirmation to show the item was delivered, how are you not going to be protected under the eBay/Paypal seller protection so long as you can provide delivery confirmation for the item?

I have sold a number of items to Shop Airlines and never experienced a problem.
by: Mark

Thu Jan 27 17:15:30 2011
In 2 years I have had 220 sales with them in ebay motors. They are picky about one thing. Send them what is in the picture.

My ONLY beefs towards them is they do not use there own checkout system
They ask where the item is before checking it.
Other than that most of you are way off . Your ONLY responsible to the items shipped to them. They cannot ding you if it gets lost from LA to Japan.
Why would you think that?
by: Grace

Sun Feb 27 23:01:51 2011
As expected, eBay deleted the helpful and revealing thread on this topic. That's a pity because now dozens of sellers are going to get burned by Shop Airlines America, Inc.
by: riggjo

Mon Feb 28 09:39:15 2011
I recently sold an item to Shop Airlines America and did write on the package the ebay number and went to their website to post all information. I have to say that when my item was bidded on by them it made me a little nervous. Now I see that people are having problems with them and I hope that I don't have problems. It does seem lately that a few items that I have listed, even though I don't offer international, are being bid on anyway. Is anyone else having this issue?
by: blue12935
Thu Mar 17 18:12:11 2011
my listing states USA only shipping.Why then should I ship to other countries without any knowledge of it being sent elsewhere.this is a untruthful way of doing business.L.
by: KennyG

Thu Apr 21 23:20:39 2011
I was also ripped off by  Shop Airlines America, Inc.! My advice is to get in contact with ebay/Paypal and complain, complain, complain and complain!!! but they'll do nothing, nothing ,nothing and nothing. thier all one in the same.
by: Charles

Sat Apr 30 22:30:10 2011
as a buyer,I just hate the fact that they bid things up, so nobody can afford them here..... They are like an effing Black Hole!!!!
by: Meg

Mon May 2 21:33:30 2011
Thank you all very much for your advice, esp. Jane, Steven and Lyn.  I just sold an item to Shop Airlines America (ID flight2bos) tonight, but have not been paid.  I was curious about the company, so I Googled and found this blog.  I immediately contacted eBay so I could cancel the transaction.  I am grateful to all of you for saving me a lot of work down the road.   I also appreciate Jane's list of all of the company's IDs.  I've blocked them from my buyer list.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!
by: Joe

Sat May 7 15:57:49 2011
Hi all
I just sold an item to this buyer and was curious about the number of items they purchase. I found this list and after reading it I decided to do some research. I found a company with the same name at the BBB site with a different address in CA that also had a website: http://www.sekaimon.com/
(Asian, powered by eBay)
I believe this is may be the endpoint for all the purchases. Thanks for the list Jane, I think I'll put them on my block list. Don't know yet what I'm going to do about the purchase since it just ended 5/6.
by: Kimberly Mathis

Wed May 18 05:20:18 2011
I had dealings with these people and it's not good. they broke an item in their shipment to japan and are trying to rape me on ebay for the money without sending back the item. They opened a claim and i'm fighting it but from everything i'm hearing the odds are not in my favor.
by: Tom Wilcox

Sun May 22 18:05:50 2011
I have just had this company purchase an item from me, and you all are scaring the crap out of me.  Can I cancel this transaction and decide not to sell to them? Any comments would help. Thank you, Tom
by: Lowman

Mon May 23 19:38:07 2011
I don't understand all of the negative comments. I have sold to this company twice and besides requesting that I put the id number on the package they did not do anything different from any other buyer. They paid me within a couple of days. I will gladly take their business!
by: Stefanie

Wed Jun 1 19:45:17 2011
I have had 5 sales to this company in the last 8-12 months.  Have not had one problem.  Everything is shipped within the U.S. and and you have delivery conf. to show it was received.  The only different thing is that they ask you to write item # on package.   They pay within 1-2 days and leave great feedback.
by: Michelle

Sat Jun 4 21:20:24 2011
I found them to be very rude and very demanding.  My listings are very clear and state that paypal payment is due in 3 days unless prior contact is made.  They take over a week to pay.  They don't reply to any messages that are sent to them.  I hate selling to them and try to block as many of their names as I can.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7  [Next Page]