|Fri May 19 2017 15:16:22|
Five Facts about Amazon Prime Day 2017
By: Ina Steiner
Merchants are awaiting news of this year's Amazon Prime Day so they can prepare. Even those who don't run official Prime Day deals are eager to learn when they might expect a surge in online shopping in the sleepy dog days of summer as the retail giant whips consumers into a frenzy of spending.
Amazon began prepping some merchants late last week. Here are five facts you should know about the biggest holiday shopping day of July.
1) Amazon Prime Day 2017 will take place the second week of July.
2) Amazon Prime Day deals will actually run for 30 hours.
3) Amazon merchants have until May 21, 2017 to submit their top ASINs for Lightning Deals for Prime Day consideration - no exceptions.
4) Deals must offer discounts of at least 20%, and there must be enough quantity to last the duration of the offer (Prime Day Lightning Deals run a maximum of 6 hours).
5) For the privilege of offering steep discounts to Amazon Prime Day shoppers, merchants must pay a fee of between $300 and $500 - per deal.
Look for more on Prime Day 2017 and seller tips for preparing for the event in EcommerceBytes email newsletters.
|Comments (12) | Leave Comment | Permalink|