eBay surprised sellers today with a "summer" Seller Update - for at least the past 5 years it has released only a Spring and Fall seller release.
Here's the announcement from the eBay Announcement Board:
2017 Summer Seller Update
In the 2017 Summer Seller Update, we're making changes to help you increase your sales by creating a better experience for buyers.
Starting in June
Listing Policy Updates
Updates to communications, allowable links, image catalog, and listing best practices to improve site performance for a stronger eBay marketplace.
- Beginning in June 2017, eBay will no longer support active content.
- Buyers and sellers should use eBay Messaging to communicate. Listings and other eBay pages can no longer contain contact information such as email, phone numbers, and social media links effective September 2017
- Starting in September 2017, we will update our links policy to limit the types of links and domains permitted in listings.
Coming this summer
We're increasing exposure of free 30-day and 60-day returns to buyers starting this summer. New opportunities will include:
- Giving buyers options to search for and filter free 30-day and 60-day returns.
- Highlighting free returns policies when buyers visit your listings.
- eBay marketing campaigns that feature the best returns policies.
Effective August 1, 2017
International Performance Standards
Starting August 1, 2017, only transactions with buyers in the countries included in the Global region (countries outside the United States, United Kingdom, and Germany) will count toward your seller performance rating in the Global region.
Beginning June 13, 2017
Category and Classification
We will release category, item specifics, and catalog updates starting on June 13, 2017. Changes will include additions, removals, and renames in several eBay categories.
For more information:
Learn about eBay's seller vision in this blog
by Bob Kupbens, Vice President of Business-to-Consumer Selling (Ed.: from February
Listen to subject matter experts on eBay Radio from 11 am - 1 pm PT on May 9, 2017
As always, thank you for selling on eBay.
Here's a link to the announcement
, let us know what you think and which changes will be most beneficial and/or harmful.