Ina Steiner EcommerceBytes Blog
News and insight focusing on ecommerce.
by Ina Steiner, Editor of EcommerceBytes.com
Sun Sept 14 2014 07:02:28

eBay Down: Twelfth Outage of the Year

Reports are flooding in that eBay is down, estimated to be the twelfth major outage eBay has experienced this year. The website IsItDownRighNow confirms problems with the site.

Wrote one EcommerceBytes reader: "Can't log into eBay. Not with any account on any browser. One comedy screen told me it was my browser settings."

Other readers reported the problem on Ecommerce EKG. "eBay main page will not load on Firefox or Google Chrome @ 6:50am EST. Can get to the community boards, but still can't get to or log into my eBay account."

And users reported the problem on the eBay discussion boards, such as a thread titled, "Anyone else having sign in issues to eBay itself?" where a user wrote: "It's suddenly either just spinning on the sign in page on FF and on IE it won't even bring up the sign in page."

It's been a tough year for eBay Marketplaces with a security breach in February and March and major site accessibility issues. On top of that, eBay's Chief Technology Officer Mark Carges has just stepped down to focus on a family matter.

Please let us know if you're having problems by indicating so on the Ecommerce EKG board and leaving a message in the comments below.

Update 9/14/14 10:39 pm EST: eBay is blaming the problem on "unexpected power issues with storage arrays linked to some of our databases," see Monday's Newsflash story for more on the latest from the VP of eBay's Global Platform & Infrastructure Group Sri Shivananda.

Perminate Link for eBay Down: Twelfth Outage of the Year   eBay Down: Twelfth Outage of the Year

by: Massachusets Howler This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 08:24:53 2014

THANK YOU ebay and Mr. John Donahoe for giving us this STATE OF THE ART system!

Hail, HAIL to the WISE and SKILLED ebay Programmers and management- they are doing a BANG-UP job over there in San Jose!

I am CERTAIN everybody is SO GLAD to have such fine, ethical and skilled Partners as ebay in our corners.

MH

This user has validated their user name. by: Nan

Sun Sep 14 08:25:11 2014

@Kaz Jenga tower is right.  With all the recent changes, the place is probably riddled with holes.

by: Massachusets Howler This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 08:27:12 2014

LDS Brother- the guy with the same life as me- that is so funny- that da%n stock probably WILL go up mysteriously tomorrow- LOL!
Read my GD mind brother,
Peace
MH

by: dans parts This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 08:35:50 2014

Was able to ''back in'' by clicking the Respond To in a previous email from an Ask A Question, then tried to click into other things once I got to the Message Center.  Found out I was still signed in, as it was when I walked away from the computer last night before going to bed.  Got to my Feedback, Dashboard, Account, Selling Manager Pro>Sold and Active, but cannot get to Watch List.  When I click to look at one of my Active Listings, it takes me (slowly) to Sign-In page.  When I click on a Sold item, again to the Sign-In page, but I can check the tracking details from the link on the Sold page.

I'm thinking if your computer was already logged on to eBay before this happened, you might also be able to ''back in'', and will be able to see a few things, but certainly site functionality is majorly impacted and mostly unusable.

by: tmac This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 08:38:29 2014

Put the hamster back on the wheel please

by: bm707576 This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 08:39:52 2014

PayPal appears to be offline as well.

by: dans parts This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 08:41:53 2014

Also can get into Manage My Store, but changes seem to not work.

by: scspecialt1 This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 08:42:09 2014

With  all the money E-bay is making off of sellers not only with final sale fee but taking a percentage of shipping, they should be able to keep their site running maybe top exec's need to take a paycut passed on their performance.

by: dans parts This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 08:42:43 2014

PayPal is still up for me.  I was able to get into label printing, but didn't try to print any.

by: Maui5150 This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 08:45:35 2014

Mixed results for me.  Can still see listings on i.e, myEbay, etc., but think my account was still logged in / cached.  I can get to eBay pages in Firefox, but it wants me to log in, and the signin pages is timing out/crashing.

I think if you are still logged in/cached, you will be able to see things, but if you are being asked to log in, you are hosed

by: frustrated This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 08:48:51 2014

Wouldn't bother ME to be a CSR today.

They hang up on you. They aren't taking ANY calls.

Tried twice.

by: frustrated This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 08:51:55 2014

BTW it's NOT DOWN in Indiana. Just had a message from someone there.

Cannot view order details either.

by: themusicmasters This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 08:56:38 2014

ebay down in Hooksett, NH. I have sales come in regularly. Nothing since 12:23AM! Sunday is usually my busiest day. YUCK! Can't print shipping labels either. Website link goes to my ebay store. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Got bills to pay!

by: blueberry This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 08:57:15 2014

9:45 a.m. on east coast, can't log in to ebay.com, ebay.de or ebay.fr - getting a web page not available message

by: McBob This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 09:01:11 2014

I'm able to log into the site but bulk re-lister is totally nonfunctional & leading to error messages. Since this is the only part of the site I want to use right now, as far as I'm concerned the site is still down.

by: blaumann This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 09:01:58 2014

Tried to use respond in an ebay system email. Did not connect. A miserable Sunday, my last chance listing day and my
"biggest" sales day as my auctions end.

by: redruben This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 09:05:51 2014

your connection has been re-initianlized maybe the website isn't available temporarily etc (translated from dutch)again it seems to be world wide

by: lilygirl200 This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 09:09:52 2014

10:00 AM Eastern, connection reset notice on FireFox all morning.

Nothing new posted on selling forum since 5:50 AM (Pacific?). My guess is that no one can get the site at this point.

by: joshua This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 09:13:31 2014

Well it is Sunday why am I worried about printing labels and listing new items I found yesterday. I smell a lunch buffet coming my way here shortly.

by: McBob This user has validated their user name.

Sun Sep 14 09:16:02 2014

I was logged in so still able to access some parts of the site but it is almost entirely nonfunctional. It's clear too much revenue is being directed toward executive salaries. Ebay no longer has the manpower or intellect to keep the site consistently stable and available.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  [Next Page]