728_header.jpg (23748 bytes)
 EPIS
 Classifieds
 EKG
 Ratings

Sun Feb 5 2017 14:12:27

New PickPerfect Marketplace Draws eBay Sellers

There's a new marketplace in town with no upfront listing fees called PickPerfect.com. It's run by OpenSky, which had acquired the now defunct 11Main.com marketplace from Alibaba in a deal that saw Alibaba take a 37% stake in OpenSky.

Sellers post items to eBay and the PickPerfect marketplace at the same time - there are no upfront costs, but merchants must use either Vendio or Auctiva Pro, which are eBay listing tools also owned by OpenSky. When an item sells, merchants pay an 8% commission (excluding shipping) and a standard credit card processing fee of 3%.

PickPerfect categories include: Apparel, Accessories, Jewelry, Electronics, Home, Sporting Goods, Collectibles, and Kitchen. Vendio and Auctiva sync merchants' inventory so they don't oversell.

OpenSky's Shawn Horswill told EcommerceBytes last month, "The decision to build the PickPerfect marketplace platform was driven by feedback from our merchants using the Vendio and Auctiva platforms. For many years they've expressed the desire to sell on additional channels but they struggle with the associated costs of doing so." If you subscribe to EcommerceBytes 411, check the January 19th issue for the full story.

Clicking around the PickPerfect.com marketplace, we noticed there is no merchant branding. Horswill explained, "There are no immediate plans to provide any further merchant branding on PickPerfect. When searching on the site, in the selection criteria, you can search products of a particular "brand" which translates to the seller name."

What do you think of this new approach by Alibaba-backed OpenSky to boost sales of eBay listings through its new marketplace?

New PickPerfect Marketplace Draws eBay Sellers   New PickPerfect Marketplace Draws eBay Sellers
by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Sun Feb 5 16:21:49 2017
Seems that this is another rush to disaster......Don't these people ever listen to what they are being told or do they still think that they know everything.
This user has validated their user name. by: The End

Sun Feb 5 20:25:37 2017
While a new site has to start slowly,
search is already a mess there....
No Thanks.
I bring plenty of action wherever I go.
I won't be bring any there.
The categories are, apparently, chosen by children who don't have a clue....
What a shame....
DEVELOPERS > Now is the time to create an auction site with freedom of payment options. I just won an auction on Ebay last night that reminded me of the Good Ol' Days ( but PayPal was in the window).
I set my computer alarm to catch the end near midnight. WHAT A RUSH ! ! ! !
by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Sun Feb 5 23:17:44 2017
Reminds me of 11main, and the mess there.

I actually made a bunch of 11main sales - until their fraud dept went awol and the whole thing went down in flames (they paid me but ate a few good losses, since they made the mistakes).

Is this any better then Sears? doubt it, or even Reverb? Hardly.

I dont see a place to sign up (making it difficult is a bad sign to start with) so Ill just sit tight and see where it goes.
by: Garcia This user has validated their user name.

Mon Feb 6 00:40:12 2017
I've tried 11Main and Amazon handmade and left both.  I am not about to go through that again until the site is well established and successful for other sellers. Until then I will stay with Etsy.
by: Paul W This user has validated their user name.

Mon Feb 6 01:00:36 2017
While eCrater is no eBay, I have had more sales (1816) there than any of the other marketplaces.
This user has validated their user name. by: mcfiver

Mon Feb 6 05:33:25 2017
The biggest flag for me is - if my listing is live on both PickPerfect and eBay, what happens to my account when the listing is sold via PickPerfect and then cancelled on eBay?

Cancelling a listing can and will incur fees, not to mention loss of TRS status.

No, PickPerfect is not a viable alternative.
by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Mon Feb 6 06:23:32 2017
search is already a mess there....
^^
I agree.  Tried searching for "the beatles" and "zara" and got something totally off the wall.  I'll sit back and wait.
@PaulW:  I don't know how anyone sells on Ecrater.  I just shut down my store.  No sales.  At all. in 2 years.
by: Tiffee Jasso This user has validated their user name.

Mon Feb 6 14:18:30 2017
I don't want anything to do with Alibaba marketplaces. For Asian countries and goods they are the market place to shop, but American sellers are only there to pay the light bill.
by: strife This user has validated their user name.

Mon Feb 6 19:06:31 2017
Went there to look at what sort of collectibles were being sold. Page opens and the first things I see are a bunch of LGBT, Black Lives Matters and various other nonsensical flags being sold in that category.

The rest was pretty much junk and the site looked it.

Looked like someones drunk attempt at a Shopify store.
This user has validated their user name. by: Don Wagner

Mon Feb 6 21:30:00 2017
Catchy layout - will check back at some time in the future.
by: The Grey Fox This user has validated their user name.

Wed Feb 8 13:38:46 2017
Clearly using a lot of the 11Main platform and procedures to create a new channel for selling the same new junk that dominates Open Sky. No book or music categories, and a single collectibles category with no subcategories (although I presume you can tag an item with a subcategory like you could do on 11Main).

After the 11Main fiasco, a site that wasn't ready for prime time when it was launched and only got worse, I have no faith in Alibaba, and am less than excited by the disorganized mess that is Open Sky.

Since there is no listing fee and the monthly fee (yes, there is a monthly fee) is included in our Auctiva subscription we may give it a try, but we won't get our hopes up.

Once burned by 11Main, we're not going to get burned again by these folks. They've got to prove they care about the sellers and are willing to promote the site.
This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Thu Feb 9 16:41:08 2017