Fri Nov 20 2015 15:21:39

eBay Sellers Locked Out of New Seller Hub Beta

It seems some sellers are locked out of eBay's new Seller Hub, and some of those sellers say they are unable to process orders. The problem began a day or two ago, here's an email we received today:

"Locked out of eBay New Beta Seller Hub page pops up when I try to go to my account and cannot get past that page.  If you check do not show again or Not Right Now it just keeps bringing you back to the same page. If you check Get Started, a message pops up at the top of the page saying: "We ran into a problem, but we're working on it. Please try later."

"So I cannot access my account because I can't get past this point on my account. Called support someone in India was no help (as always) said to click on all the same buttons I already had that this is just a beta test. I asked why do something like this during the holidays when it is already the slowest it has EVER been and we are struggling to get by, then you have to add additional glitches to the system? Of course she had no answer to that.

"I have 5 package to wrap today (in years past it would have been 30) but I can't access them to get it done."

Other sellers are reporting the same problem on the eBay discussion boards:

"Anybody else unable to access the new Seller Hub? It hyper-loops back on itself and will not allow me to opt-out OR access my sellingn page without going to the summary page first. Ugh. I've called 4 times in 48 hours and it still has not been fixed. Desktop view, google chrome." (November 19)

And:

"Hate seller hub. Locked out for 2 days now. No help from eBay. Stuck and can't see anything. Fix it." (November 20)

Sellers who opted in to test the new hub began seeing it appear on October 21st. But yet another seller who is reporting problems with it says they did not opt in to test it:

"Are there any other sellers out there that were forced into this new seller hub that is not working? 4 Days and no help from eBay. I list items cant even find them can't get to summary page when I try to get to summary page my watch list comes up.

"Spent hours on phone with eBay just because I can get into other areas via back door they feel there is no problems haven't even sent report in as of yesterday. Also noticed a major lack in sales checked google etc. can't be found anywhere on the web. No sales no cs help what's the point of sticking around."

As of right now there is no announcement from eBay on the Systems Announcement Board. Please let us know if you know of a workaround.

Perminate Link for eBay Sellers Locked Out of New Seller Hub Beta   eBay Sellers Locked Out of New Seller Hub Beta

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Fri Nov 20 15:40:40 2015

I've written it before: It's a glitch-a-day at eBay.

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Nov 20 16:11:29 2015

The ONLY part of eBay that works is the bank transfer button that transfers a sellers money to the dopes over at eBay.

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Fri Nov 20 16:35:14 2015

Someone please tell me how the SVP of Technology at eBay still has his job.

by: sasikat9 This user has validated their user name.

Fri Nov 20 17:54:49 2015

Gee we were hoping that glitchbay would hold off until Sunday before we closed our five stores for the holidays. Guess tonight will be the day.. Everyone have a good holiday and Christmas....

We are going to sit back and watch the fun until mid January.

It should be a very interesting and unproductive holiday at Glitchbay.

This user has validated their user name. by: bitbybit

Fri Nov 20 18:40:01 2015

Bet everything is working just fine for all of ebay's Precious favorites, Deal a Day, Wish Bigger retail sellers etc. The rest of the sellers are just considered roadkill if Ebay's manipulations cause glitches and potholes on their buyer steering road.

by: Santini This user has validated their user name.

Fri Nov 20 20:23:56 2015

ebay needs to call the Geek Squad

by: gizmo This user has validated their user name.

Fri Nov 20 22:36:57 2015

AAhhh , Im glad I dont need deadbay anymore. I do well on the other 5 sites I sell on. E who?

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Sat Nov 21 11:24:59 2015

As usual I am unaffected by this latest "glitch"!

I asked to be included in the beta testing but never heard back from eBay.

by: TomH This user has validated their user name.

Sat Nov 21 19:47:55 2015

@ ''by: Rexford

Fri Nov 20 16:35:14 2015
Someone please tell me how the SVP of Technology at eBay still has his job. ''

For at least ten years  -  a empty suit, so it does not matter one is about like the other.

This user has validated their user name. by: IDKwhoIare

Sun Nov 22 04:12:04 2015

No listings on eBay for me since 1st of October.  Quite pleased with my timing (my timing is usually nothing to brag about) and the decision to not list during all this crap was the best thing I did all year.  Maybe list some stuff in January or Feb :) or maybe not!

by: pianogirl This user has validated their user name.

Sun Nov 22 10:17:06 2015

eBay Seller Hub Beta is TERRIBLE HORRIBLE and names I can't write here. As usual, phone support (5 of them) have no idea about problem and will "pass to tech" but I can't talk to tech. EBAY: SELLERS ARE LOCKED OUT. Can't sell, can't opt out as your page says. You have no announcement and after 3 days, no fix. I never did opt in by the way. This is one class action I would join in a heartbeat. Today, Sunday, is a good day to list so it will all go to Etsy and Amazon.

by: gramophone-georg This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 23 00:36:51 2015

When are sellers going to figure out that any time eBay "helps" them... it winds up being not just a headache, but a MIGRAINE?

by: dasw This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 23 00:55:46 2015

I also asked to be included in the beta testing but never got the invite. Sure glad now!

by: yesterdaygirls This user has validated their user name.

Mon Nov 23 01:24:08 2015

We've been using the beta hub for a few weeks...and yow...is it a mess...for starters it shows our sales at 20% higher than actual, and it does not interface well with either the ebay apps or 3rd party tools that have access to the api.  customer service notes issues and is 'passing' up the chain...but once again...trying to fix a problem that didn't need fixin' (hope we don't get charged higher fvf for moola we didn't take in ;-)

This user has validated their user name. by: The End

Mon Nov 23 17:21:12 2015

No problems in collectibles.....Sellers coming through fine.

by: Randy This user has validated their user name.

Tue Nov 24 10:51:55 2015

I tried the new hub and almost got trapped there before I was able to find my way out! Can't even remember how I did it know. I would advise ALL to stay away!