Mon Mar 13 2017 22:24:02

eBay Rolls Out More Changes to Community Boards

eBay is making changes to its community pages tomorrow. It gave an early heads-up to a certain group of sellers, inviting them to participate in a secret pre-briefing.

But when those members who were invited to learn more in Monday's private session began discussing it publicly on the boards over the weekend, eBay removed the thread.

eBay eventually announced the pending changes publicly this evening. eBay has overhauled its forums several times over the years - most recently last fall. At the time of that announcement in August, the most requested change was for helpful participation from eBay employees - and, as we noted, several users expressed frustration that they had to go to social networking sites in order to get answers from eBay staff instead of the company's own boards.

In this evening's post, eBay wrote, "With these updates, we had some specific goals in mind: to improve the overall look and feel of the platform, add functionality, and address a number of technical bugs identified."

Let us know what you think of the new platform eBay launched last fall. And as the new changes roll out tomorrow, let us know what you think of them.

eBay Rolls Out More Changes to Community Boards   eBay Rolls Out More Changes to Community Boards

This user has validated their user name. by: Beanie

Mon Mar 13 22:45:49 2017

I had a blast years ago on the old Community Boards, especially the Misfits (Miscellaneous Board) the Doll Board, the constant debate to snipe or not snipe, the Teapot guy, etc. I got so much entertainment as well as very good info during those years. The boards are all but dead now. Ebay practically killed the community.

by: FeelingFroggy This user has validated their user name.

Tue Mar 14 07:13:02 2017

These bullies are cyber brats. Ebay should monitor some of these nasty remarks and banned them.

This user has validated their user name. by: Rexford

Tue Mar 14 10:10:15 2017

FeelingFroggy, a few of those who think that they know everything arrived here some time ago. You'll know them by the way that they correct every other post, particularly those whose opinions they disagree with.

by: mcposty This user has validated their user name.

Tue Mar 14 11:01:20 2017

The boards are worthless now. They ran everyone off when they destroyed their little communities now it's only tool guy left and his band of pompomers but ebay couldn't even keep their number one fan happy so he is turning to the darks idea with the rest of us great job ebay can't even run a basic forum.

This user has validated their user name. by: toolguy

Tue Mar 14 11:18:17 2017

I'm on a 30 day vacation right now! (banned from posting on the ebay forums)

Just got off a 1 week vacation.

Before that they had me on a permanent ban. . .

I am NOT very welcome on the eBay forums!

This user has validated their user name. by: Ric

Tue Mar 14 12:43:21 2017

Wait.... eBay still has discussion boards???

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Tue Mar 14 14:00:08 2017

@toolguy - What did you write to get banned for a month? Besides having (mostly) only good things to say about eBay, I thought you had your pot plants growing so they spelled out "eBay" when viewed from space.

by: pace306 This user has validated their user name.

Tue Mar 14 14:04:42 2017

Mr Sparrow :)

He couldnt pay his eBay fees with the 420, and he wouldnt give DW his cut of the action.... need you ask ?

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Tue Mar 14 14:18:41 2017

@rexford

I am assuming you directed that to me as it is almost exactly what you said to me on a different blog.  I am sincerely sorry you are still stinging from our last conversation.

''You'll know them by the way that they correct every other post, particularly those whose opinions they disagree with.''

As before, I have ZERO problem with others having a difference of opinion or an opinion that disagrees with mine.  I find this all a way of learning more than I currently know.  I've always enjoyed a good debate and I've enjoyed many you and I have had over the years.  I completely respect your opinion even if they don't seem to be in line with mine.  This to me is not an issue at all, I'm sorry it is for you.

As I explained on the other blog, you appear to be getting upset with me for disagreeing with you on some facts you posted.  They were facts that you were presenting, not opinions.  I did correct the facts you posted as they were inaccurate.

Again, my apologies for causing you concern.

This user has validated their user name. by: iheartjacksparrow

Tue Mar 14 20:57:29 2017

@Marie - I believe I've said before that I think you know more about eBay than Mr. Wenig and I'm sure your knowledge about the policies is beyond helpful to those who are trying to navigate the often incomprehensible word salads that are the rules of eBay. However, I have to agree with Rexford that you often argue over people's opinions when they differ from yours.

by: Patricia This user has validated their user name.

Wed Mar 15 00:47:04 2017

I had no idea they had discussion boards.  I stopped using them years ago and have no intention of going back.

by: handmedownheaven This user has validated their user name.

Wed Mar 15 01:30:25 2017

I found the boards to be totally useless and haven't used them in years

by: Barbbie This user has validated their user name.

Wed Mar 15 01:49:56 2017

I stopped using those boards back when they eliminated the power seller ones.
I have checked them for info every now and then but never found any good information there.

This user has validated their user name. by: Marie

Wed Mar 15 02:49:01 2017

@jack

Oh I'm not saying that I don't argue about various opinions on various threads, because I do.  I certainly do that.  As do others to include you and Rexford.

But my comments to Rexford were about a post directed at me which was about some facts Rexford was raising.  I disagreed with those facts.  In that exchange I offended or upset Rexford, which was never my intention.

by: Chicago48 This user has validated their user name.

Wed Mar 15 05:01:13 2017

I've gotten a lot of help through the community boards and vice versa.  It's probably the best thing about EB, because when CSR is not available off hours the boards are the next best thing.  It seems all they did was a cosmetic change, from what I can see.

by: ignatz This user has validated their user name.

Wed Mar 15 08:38:00 2017

Oy vey, yet ANOTHER "improvement" to the community section?  Give it up already!

Took a quick look at it this AM.  They cleaned up the mess a bit, but it's like putting Krazy Glue on the Titanic.

Ever since that reorg under Jeff what's-his-name, and the elimination of all the specific category boards, the "community" has been useless!

This user has validated their user name. by: VV

Wed Mar 15 08:46:35 2017

" as we noted, several users expressed frustration that they had to go to social networking sites in order to get answers from eBay staff instead of the company's own boards."

This a thousand times. What company directs you to another company website to get info on it? I don't have a Facebook account and I don't want one. Certainly not to get info about/from ebay.

by: Whatever This user has validated their user name.

Wed Mar 15 11:11:02 2017

Froggy wrote: Until they address the problem with the thugs and bullies who think that they know everything the boards will remain nothing but irrelevant to a lot of people.

You are so correct - ebay didn't have to change the boards to run me off - these morons did a long time ago

by: uppercutknives This user has validated their user name.

Wed Mar 15 14:08:45 2017

eBay screwed up the discussion boards so bad on this last change I have stopped using them permanently.
You can't find a thread and those you find a years old. You can only see and find what eBay wants you to find.
Utterly useless.

This user has validated their user name. by: Ming the Merciless

Wed Mar 15 17:33:03 2017

Ebay has secrets? Who knew? (cough)