|Tue Mar 15 2011 015:37:24|
eBay 'Ides of March' Seller Release Brings Major Fee Changes
By: Ina Steiner
eBay is rolling out its first major seller release (SR1) today, including news it will launch a shopping cart on eBay.com. In a surprise move, eBay will begin charging Final Value Fees to the total amount of transactions, including shipping. eBay will also hold funds for sellers who don't meet certain standards or who are new to selling.|
eBay will reduce FVFs for Store subscribers for fixed-price and auction listings and will leave insertion fees untouched.
eBay will allow non-Store subscribers to list up to 50 free auctions, no matter the starting price. Also for non-Store subscribers, FVFs will be reduced for Fixed-Price listings only.
eBay will eliminate the current 5% discount for non-TRS PowerSellers; Top Rated Sellers (TRS) continue to earn a 20% discount on Final Value Fees.
Other changes include:
- As anticipated, eBay will announce a new shopping cart, which it has been testing in the UK.
- eBay will impose minimum global standards for international sellers as of May 20.
- eBay will launch changes in the Electronics category, including the addition of a Listing Bundles feature and requiring the use of the eBay Catalog in certain subcategories.
- eBay will launch changes in the Clothing, Shoes & Accessories category, including requiring all listings to include certain item specifics and the launch of a new color treatment to help establish consistent color across categories and a Size Chart and Handbag Measurement Guide.
- eBay will make changes to selling internationally, including shipping requirements and visibility.
See the story in today's AuctionBytes Newflash for details, and keep an eye on this Blog post for more news as it unfolds throughout the day - we will cover eBay's Town Hall meeting - stay tuned!
Comments (350) | Leave Comment | Permalink