Tue Jan 29 2008 07:57:17

Upcoming Changes to Feedback on eBay

By: David Steiner

Feedback on eBay certainly has taken a few left turns since Pierre's initial concept that allowed trading partners to rate each other. In probably the most dramatic deviation, Sellers will no longer be allowed to leave Negative or Neutral feedback for Buyers. There are some other changes, which can be found here: http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/new.html but this is the most interesting paragraph:

What changes are being made to the eBay Feedback system?

There are five key elements to the new Feedback system being introduced in the first half of 2008:

1. Beginning in February, buyers and sellers will be able to earn up to one Feedback per week from the same trading partner. Today, members may only affect each other's Feedback scores one time, regardless of the number of transactions between the parties. This change will both encourage repeat transactions and reward good service.
   2. Sellers will no longer be able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers. This change will occur in May, 2008.
   3. Removal of negative and neutral Feedback left by members who are suspended or who fail to respond to the Unpaid Item Process (UPI).
   4. Positive Feedback percentage will be based on the past 12 months of Feedback, rather than lifetime, since it is most indicative of the seller's recent performance.
   5. Restrictions on when Feedback can be left:
          * Buyers must wait three days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback
          * Instead of 90 days, members will be able to leave Feedback for 60 days

----

We'll be speaking with John Donohoe later today, so if you have any specific questions, post them here before noon, and we'll try to incorporate the best ones in our interview.

Call 1-877-222-0856 and leave a 60 second message about what you think of these changes.

by: www.CraftoEgypt.com

Thu Mar 27 14:58:19 2008

Hi
I feel that eBay is trying to kick out all non seriuos sellers in order to refine the quality of the site to regain trust of the buyers.

I approve this act and I approvce the DSR as becuase of it I started to improve my customer service and take much care for it.

My only comment on the feedback system is that.
AS a seller I should get an automatic Postive feedback from the buyer if after 60 days he doesn't post one.
Becuase simply if he if is no satisfed he would have complained or posted a -ve other wise he mosted propably happy . This will make a much difference.

Thanks
www.CraftoEgypt.com

by: Garageandsale

Sun Apr 6 14:57:43 2008

I THINK THIS IS GREAT !
NOW I FINALLY HAVE THE INSTRUMENT TO KILL MY COMPETITORS STORES ON EBAY !
I only need to create let's say 10 different Ebay accounts, buy at my competitors store, never pay enad leave 10 negative feedback...and that's one competitor less !!!

by: No More Greedbay Extortion

Wed Apr 9 11:47:50 2008

Less payment options in Oz from June , check out the nine.msn link at boycottlinks.org.
Does this greedy destruction machine have no end to the ways to destroy honest folks business?
Boycot VICTORIOUSLY  MAY 1st and beyond

by: geoffrey

Sun Apr 13 17:43:44 2008

ebay bidding is a total and utter con!!! Sellers have obviously worked out that one of their mates just has to outbid buyers, for items that are utterly worthless. I am taking this to the highest level possible.

by: Christine

Wed May 14 15:26:13 2008

I am mostly a buyer. I have sold a few items and my husband sells several items a week. So we aren't Power Sellers.

I agree with what is being said about ebay being out of whack.

The system is already far from perfect. I have read all of the 997 comments. I agree with most of you here.

I just had a really bad encounter unlike any ever experienced on ebay before.

I have always been a good buyer.

Seller stated that she shipped with four days.

Eight days later nothing. and the usps tracking showed the package hadn't been presented yet and that only a shipping label had been printed.

When I contacted her about it? She became another person. One that didn't seem to be in here right mind.

She called me names in a private email sent to me and then 5 days later after I received the item and it was obvious that she had lied about when she shipped it? She left me negative feedback.

She has 48 negatives this year alone left for buyers like me. Except with me?
She personalized it by saying nothing about the transaction but calling me "psychotic" and "He/She".

I should point out that I am married to a nice man and have a son that is 22 years of age.

My point: I believe the star system works fine but they should do away with the written feedback altogether.

The seller destroyed me on ebay. I get messages from strangers asking me about my sexuality.

Ebay won't erase it.

Sellers you are the ones being hit hardest right now. But it hasn't always been so. I took a terrible beating and still am bothered that she was allowed to leave fb of that nature.

Ebay is the largest selling site online and they don't know what the hell they are doing.

The rules should be fair for everyone !

From my personal experience ebay doesn't seem to care much about the concerns or the injustices. But they have no trouble taking my money when I sell something.

Do they put up a fight when they take yours ?

Christine

by: Altaf

Thu May 15 13:12:12 2008

I am honestly sick of this. i am not selling on ebay anymore. ebay is not good for sellers but its good for buyer. What good are buyers when sellers will no longer be there. Anybody can win item and then leave NEGATIVE whilst the seller just sits and watches. RIDICULOUS !!!

by: Henry

Mon May 19 23:08:25 2008

I am very upset with the eBay lastest feedback change policy. As I read the offical reason issued by eBay why they are doing this. I belive they are stupid and mislead the eBayers.
I just got a negative feedback today 05/19 since the buyer thinks there is nothing I can do . Actully that's not the best way to solve any problem. Usually, buyers used to talk about the problem with seller if it occurs,  after that we get the problem solved .
Now, the eBay leads buyer to do something to hurt both sides. What the hell are they thinking ?Both  Sellers and buyers are equally important. Not only just buyers .
I am totally against this policy. Hope it will end soon because it is so unfair to any nice sellers like me.

Henry

by: Tester

Sun May 25 20:07:10 2008

"what about non-paying buyers?"

When a buyer is reported and confirmed as a non-payer, they receive account strikes, possible suspension and/or account termination.

Riddle me this: Do you think more scams result from bad buyers or bad sellers? This makes perfect sense to me; Although, there can never be a "perfect solution".

by: martin

Wed May 28 11:07:55 2008

although I am a buyer on eBay, I do agree with the opinion that sellers SHOULD be able to leave negative/neutral feedback. the current scheme is simply ridiculous.

by: Dirk Todd

Wed May 28 17:26:54 2008

How Dare Ebay...Those Bastards! I had 9 years with 100% Feedback with only 1 Neutral!(In 9 Years). Now, I am pissed! I am now at 89.1% Bullcrap! I am going to sue them.

by: Sharon Alexander

Thu May 29 10:02:48 2008

I am surprised at how upset I am about Ebay as I am a relatively calm person just going with the flow.  Already I have a non-paying bidder and I checked on other things she "bought" and it appears she's left 3 others without paying them too so that's 4 of us that didn't get paid.  So what can we do...zip.  In 10 years of selling on Ebay, yes I am 100% on Feedback but I see those stupid stars eroding slightly and I ship immediately, always left feedback as soon as I shipped, every person gets one or more emails from me telling them I am shipping and thanks, and don't even get me started on the shipping fee ratings.  I give them every option for cost of shipping and only recently started to add a dollar onto the shipping.  I don't have mail service and the Fedex Ground guy doesn't want to drive to my house so I have to play "Where's Waldo" with him and find him downtown OR I can drop a package at the local mail box place and pay them $2.00 per box to accept it...gee thanks!  It's a one hour round trip for me to do this but that is my problem, no Ebay's for sure but it's things like this that people don't know about me.
Then you list your item for say $9.99 which is usual for me and often times less than what I paid for it in hopes of it going higher.  If they get it for $9.99 and shipping is $20...they think you are taking advantage of them and there goes the shipping star.  Okay so I lost money on the item, spent all the time listing, doing photos, packing (I spend lots of time packing so it arrives safely), drive it to the post office or find Fedex, so I have worked for nothing and actually have lost.  And then does the buyer think about the fee you pay Paypal, on not only the item but on the shipping as well, and we all know international shipping is outrageous so higher fees there.  Too, I don't think it's human nature to give somebody 100% because you get to the shipping amount and go, gee, I didn't like paying that much to get it so I'll ding them a little there.

While I think Ebay is/was an excellent source to work from home, it's hard to have them tell you to improve and we'll raise you up in the listings.  And why do Power Sellers items get a better chance of being found in a search than the little guys.  I think that should be a level playing field for everyone.

by: Ayse

Sat May 31 17:58:45 2008

Hello.
I do eBay for over 8 years. Paid 100-ds of 1000s of dollars to it and I am discussed with it. eBay do not give a damn about its sellers. It was before, but now, we are over exposed to black mail and unfair competition ( if you want to bring me down- it is easy like 1,2,3 !!!)
One thing I want to know- IS IT LEGAL? Can they LEGALLY stop us from commenting on the sale? I mean, if this option available for buyer, how can we be left speechless? may be we all should get organised and get a lower?

by: DB

Sun Jun 8 20:57:34 2008

oK, here we go w/ some good ole upcoming FEEDBACK EXTORTION!!!!! the

here is how buyers are thinking now....

She went to my store, made a kinda low ball offer on 2 items, my automated set up sent her an invoice. S/h reflected 4.00 for the first item & 2.00 for the 2nd, giving her a discounted s/h rate of 6.00. I then rec. it states on my auction in 2 places about s/h for other items is half.

this message from her.

HI I UNDERSTOOD SHIPPING TO BE $4.00 WOULD YOU KINDLY REVIEW YOUR INVOICE TO REFLECT THAT SO THAT I CAN PAY YOU PROMPTLY. WARM THANKS, DAWN PS NO RUSH I DON'T NEED YOUR PRIORITY SHIP OR INSURANCE, THEY CAN'T WEIGH EVEN A POUND ! )

& I "kindly" ask her to read my policy on s/h discounts & that she was given it....Now, if she comes in & slaps w/ me a neutral/neg on this???? This will be it for me! She is an eBayer w/ tons of f/b for buying, she know how the game works w/ sellers offering discounts, ect... & now i'm sure she's educated on the new f/b changes & I WILL NOT, WILL NOT buckle in on BUYER DEMANDS SUCH AS THESE when they start demanding YOU to make changes to YOUR business & s/h!

I have saved our messages & this way (not that it would probably do any good) but i'll take it straight to eBay & ask what's so fair about this??????

HI! LIKE I SAID, KINDLY GET ME THE CORRECT INVOICE THAT IS THE SAME AS MY WINNING BID "$4.00 FOR THE QUANTITY OF TWO. WOW THEY'LL PROBABLY SHIP FOR $.41 CENTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR RUINING AN OTHERWISE BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY. WILL AWAIT PROPER/CORRECT INVOICE, FOR THE PRINCIPLE OF IT. PROPER FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN UPON SHIP I HAD AGREED UPON. WOW, THANKYOU, GOOOOD DAY.

MY RESPONSE
Thank you for threatening APP. feedback, SELLERS have been advised by eBay w/ the new rules in force will NOT ALLOW FOR EXTORTION!!!!
I WILL AT THIS POINT NOT COMPLETE THIS TRANSACTION W/ YOU & TURN OVER TO EBAY FOR THREATS.
l

its in black & white in my auction below where it states my policy on s/h charges, 4.00 FOR ONE & 2.00 FOR EA. ADDIT.
I will not tolerate extortion & threats from you & will go on & turn this into eBay NOW!!!!!
YES, YOU SAID IT RIGHT, IT IS ALL ABOUT THE PRINCIPLE OF YOU TRYING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SELLERS NOW!
WE WONT STAND FOR IT!
THX SO MUCH
MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU

I will fight this one all the way to the courts if it takes it! just to prove a point! i'm a powerseller w/ 99.5%  over 7k f/b over 8 yrs of full time selling & wont be done like this!

by: Dianne Lexo

Mon Jun 16 12:40:10 2008

dictionary  definition of * neu·tral   /ˈnutrəl, ˈnyu-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[noo-truhl, nyoo-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. not taking part or giving assistance in a dispute or war between others: a neutral nation during World War II.
2. not aligned with or supporting any side or position in a controversy: The arbitrator was absolutely neutral.
3. of or belonging to a neutral state or party: neutral territory.
4. of no particular kind, characteristics, etc.; indefinite: a neutral personality that made no impression whatever; a sex-neutral job title.
5. (of a color or shade)
a. gray; without hue; of zero chroma; achromatic.
b. matching well with many or most other colors or shades, as white or beige.
6. Botany, Zoology. neuter.
7. not causing or reflecting a change in something: It is believed that the new tax law will be revenue neutral.
8. Chemistry. exhibiting neither acid nor alkaline qualities: neutral salts.
9. Physics.
a. (of a particle) having no charge.
b. (of an atom, molecule, collection of particles, fluid, or solid) having no net charge; electroneutral; not electrified.
c. not magnetized.
10. Phonetics. (of a vowel) pronounced with the tongue relaxed in a central position, as the a in alive; reduced.
–noun
11. a person or a nation that remains neutral, as in a controversy or war.
12. a citizen of a neutral nation during a war.
13. Machinery, Automotive. the position or state of disengaged gears or other interconnecting parts: in neutral.
14. a neutral color.

by: crazy gab

Sun Jun 22 00:51:40 2008

i am a latecomer to this auction byte site ..... but i made it .

to the feedback idea  , want to say some " choice words " . but i am nice and been telling my kids to keep their mouths clean , no foul langage , no cussing, no swearing...

with this in mind [ sisnce i try to be a good example ] i say : BS !

i like to knock some sense into the head of the person who thought up this notion  , with a 4x4 ...

and there are defenite buyers whom i would like to give 1,2, 3 neg feedbacks with cream and cherries on top !!!

oh well ...

crazy gab

by: JDK

Thu Aug 14 20:32:40 2008

An Ebay member from Europe is abusing the system.
the last 12 transactions on Ebay:

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ... 12 times in a row!

I believe he is going to do the same to me!
He claims that the #1 selling Name Brand Melatonin he purchased contains toxic compounds ... yet he wants me to send him more product, a less than nimble attempt to extort.
Every 12 of his serial Negative Feedbacks has hammered USA or UK dietary supplement sellers.
He slams even the ones that refund!   .
What is going on at Ebay?  12 times in a row?  I might be #13.
What a bogus psycho!
tired of the Ebay feedback system?

by: Gary E. Meyer

Sat Sep 27 00:15:38 2008

This is open season on sellers, VERY easy, open an account and attack your enemies and or your competition.  It is happening everywhere and Ebay is suspending MANY good sellers over this.  It is a crisis that is KILLING Ebay's shareholders.  just give some bad DSR's to people-they can't even dispute it-lol-how STUPID is FEEBay now looking?  HA

by: Denis

Wed Oct 1 06:00:40 2008

So far with new rules, I just stopped my selling on Ebay, I really dissagrre the new system. Secondly Ebay has lower the inserting fees but raised the final fee a lot. Ex: I sell a 49.95 piece the insert fees is 35 cents the the final fee is 5.99$ and paypal 2.00 its not woth anymore to sell on ebay. I put up my own web site with a good summit to search engine and this is the way I will sell my stuff in the future. By the way I kept the paypal ressource it still very usefull for credit card payment.

by: no 1 cares

Sat Oct 18 20:01:00 2008

People are signing up to ebay in droves, buying things and not paying! I have been selling on ebay for a few years now, and haven't seen anything like it before. In the last couple of months I have had to report MANY unpaid items. Mostly people with 0 feedback, it's gotten so bad that if someone has signed up in the last year I cancel their bid, or block their bid.
Sometimes it doesn't seem to work, not sure why! Anyway my point is it's gotten out of hand, even some buyers with a dozen or more feedbacks have gotten slack! I had to open 5 unpaid item disputes with buyers like these! I wait a week, and when no one pays open a dispute, however 4 days into my unpaid item dispute they usually pay, with NO APOLOGY or explanation, this is when worry about when they receive their item and what kind of feedback I'll get for asking them to pay, and opening a dispute. It's just NOT fair!
I am so upset with this new policy! The buyers keep coming in droves, buying from me a lot with 0 feedback bidding my item wayyy up there, so no one else will bid, then I wait a week, no payment, I then have to file a dispute lucky if I get a response, then if all those days go buy with out payment, ebay simply gives me my final value fee & listing fee back, that's it, and the jerk who bid on my item get's 1 unpaid item strike, he can get up to 3 before ebay will kick him off, so he's off to do it to 2 more people for a laugh! I am so annoyed! ARRRRG!

by: MC

Wed Oct 22 11:20:40 2008

Okay so here are the facts. It is not just the feedback system but lets take that first. Here are the scams buyers use now that there is no justice for from this system. These are real live experiences from an ebay powerseller in the last 60 days!
1. Buyers threaten to leave negative feedback unless you give them a discount for an item that was exactly as described. Offered full refund to ship back buyer would not do it left a negative response. Contact ebay with the evidence to remove feedback they declined to do so.
2. Buyer bought item and then without contact returned a different item but similar for full refund. By the way tried to do the same thing with another seller we knew on a similar item days before. Left negative feedback for us filed paypal dispute. Ebay as paypal removed funds from our account and no reversal of feedback.
3. Buyer buys and item uses it and then request a partial refund. We offer to give full refund and return it. They decline and leaves negative feedback. Appeal to eBay they will not remove.
4.Buyer buys item pays for the item and demands free shipping to out of country location.There was no free shipping anywhere in the ad. We refuse of course and issue full refund for amount paid. Buyer leaves negative feedback. No recourse from eBay.
5. Multiple buyers have bought and not paid for items and basically say oh well I am not paying. They get away with it without recourse from eBay.
Next issues fees. All you have to do is check any of the blogs or ask any seller what they think and you will receive an overwhelming response that they are putting it mildly dissatisfied.
Next issue new eBay guidelines buyers can not use cashiers check or check or any other payment method but paypal. Go figure what that is all about!
Next issue seller support or lack of. We can tell you from many personal experiences that it is virtual nonexistent. Time after time we have contacted them with basic issues like these and nothing is done or worse yet it is handled via email with little or no remnant of the facts in the issue.
Next issue policy compliance or their trust and safety department. They are basically witch hunters looking for any opportunity to punish sellers right or wrong and God forbid a disguntled scammer that knows the system and how to use them to attack you. There are many more issues but these are food for thought. The summary is there is a huge opportunity for a competetior to take their market share but for now they will reign even as thousands of sellers move away from them or as many have done give up.
MC

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51  [Next Page]