Tue Jan 29 2008 07:57:17

Upcoming Changes to Feedback on eBay

By: David Steiner

Feedback on eBay certainly has taken a few left turns since Pierre's initial concept that allowed trading partners to rate each other. In probably the most dramatic deviation, Sellers will no longer be allowed to leave Negative or Neutral feedback for Buyers. There are some other changes, which can be found here: http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/new.html but this is the most interesting paragraph:

What changes are being made to the eBay Feedback system?

There are five key elements to the new Feedback system being introduced in the first half of 2008:

1. Beginning in February, buyers and sellers will be able to earn up to one Feedback per week from the same trading partner. Today, members may only affect each other's Feedback scores one time, regardless of the number of transactions between the parties. This change will both encourage repeat transactions and reward good service.
   2. Sellers will no longer be able to leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers. This change will occur in May, 2008.
   3. Removal of negative and neutral Feedback left by members who are suspended or who fail to respond to the Unpaid Item Process (UPI).
   4. Positive Feedback percentage will be based on the past 12 months of Feedback, rather than lifetime, since it is most indicative of the seller's recent performance.
   5. Restrictions on when Feedback can be left:
          * Buyers must wait three days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback
          * Instead of 90 days, members will be able to leave Feedback for 60 days

----

We'll be speaking with John Donohoe later today, so if you have any specific questions, post them here before noon, and we'll try to incorporate the best ones in our interview.

Call 1-877-222-0856 and leave a 60 second message about what you think of these changes.

by: Jaimie

Wed Jan 30 05:18:09 2008

Im an ebay power seller/power shopper! I know the FBF isnt perfect, but I count on it buying and selling. Its been one of the things I use a lot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now the sellers are saying they will no longer give feedback!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A buyer will give negs for not leaving FB, USPS delays, Shipping rate increases, holding a check for 10 days, not accepting paypal, payment mysteriously lost, they moved items lost, material fees, broken item didnt buy insurance, Im not even at the part where im a horrible seller,,,,It will be pathetic.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Think about it,,,,no feedback on eBay OMG Thats what is getting ready to happen, sellers wont leave feedback, Buyers wont count.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well you have to admit it will be a buyers market,,,you can get away with dam near anything. The problem is there wont be any SELLERS.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Think about it,,,the damage this will do before it even happens.~~~Maybe the guy really works for someone else?? It sounds like it to me, thats about the only thing that would make sense in this UPCOMING CHANGES TO FB.****Hes an IMPOSTURE******

by: Denise

Wed Jan 30 05:21:08 2008

Sellers, beware of this ''rebecca'' who is posting hateful anti-seller comments here. She is the ONLY person I have seen who elected to receive email responses. It is almost as though she wants people to email her. Perhaps to collect email addresses? Okay, that might be paranoid. But you do have to wonder.

by: No Listing Week

Wed Jan 30 05:29:22 2008

I found this date on eBay. No Listing week FEB 18-25th.

by: Mimi

Wed Jan 30 05:37:23 2008

********EBAY SELLER STRIKE**********

*****WEEK OF FEB 18TH - 25TH********

*****NO ACTIVE AUCTIONS WHATSOEVER!***

by: David

Wed Jan 30 05:40:50 2008

PLEASE NO ACTIVE EBAY LISTINGS THE WEEK

OF FEB 18TH-25TH.

WE NEED EBAY TO SIT UP AND SEE EBAY SELLERS ARE THEIR BREAD AND BUTTER.

by: Tricia

Wed Jan 30 05:47:16 2008

I am a power seller on eBay and totally think this is the stupidest thing eBay has ever done! The top two reasons that I am thinking of at the moment are:

Buyers: A bad buyer now has leverage to extort a partial refund when there is no need for one.

Sellers: Sellers who compete with each other now can run the competition off. Simply win an auction of your competitor and leave negative feedback - after all, the seller has no leg to stand on now! Voila! No more competition!

eBay - get real! I am now going to develop my own website for my products! Say adios to this Power Seller!

by: thethrifydiva

Wed Jan 30 06:29:48 2008

I will be looking for another platform to be listing my items, and closing my ebay store. I have had a rash of bad and non-paying bidders and the only tool I have is feedback. How absolutely ridiculous for ebay to implement this.

by: MadMaven

Wed Jan 30 07:21:58 2008

I CLOSED MY EBAY STORE AND ENDED ALL MY LISTINGS. SELLERS SHOULD TAKE A STAND.

by: Just Another Ebay Victim

Wed Jan 30 07:24:07 2008

EVERYONE!!!  HERE IS WHAT WE CAN DO!

LET'S SHOW THE WORLD JUST HOW EBAY TREATS THEIR SELLERS!

This will only take 5 minutes. Everybody send a quick email to the following email addresses for FOX NEWS and NBC News:

ureport@foxnews.com
Nightly@NBC.com

Just say something in the email title line about a situation or development going on regarding eBay, and in the body of the email give them these addresses:

11437.html

That's it! Hopefully we can get the word out to other sellers, eBay investors, potential eBay competition, and to eBay itself.

If you add a comment to this AuctionBytes blog, keep this request alive by including it in your blog posting. The more people that see it, and contact the news companies, the better.

by: JustLeave

Wed Jan 30 07:43:50 2008

Don't bother with strikes, pleas in the media, etc. - just leave and go to other sites.

I'm setting up a seller account on Amazon, a site on eCrater, listing everything on Blujay, and that's just a start (the latter two are completely free, by the way).

I'm also checking out eBid and plan to look into Overstock and Bidville.

Yes, these all have lower exposure than eBay with the exception of Amazon, but they should only get more popular/exposure.

I love Amazon's customer service and would even pay them more to avoid the headache that is eBay.

Let the free market run its course and support / do business with better companies who actually appreciate us!

PS: I'm a Silver level PowerSeller since 2001 with 100% positive feedback.  Nice going, eBay.

by: Fred

Wed Jan 30 08:08:44 2008

Terrible idea.  Ebay is taking away the one way we sellers had of shutting down the PayPal international payment quick spin operators.  ( A buyer outside the USA can reverse their paypal payment up to 1 month after NO QUESTIONS ASKED ) ...and in fact I have documented a guy who has done this with various ID's but same NAME and ADDRESS each time.  Ebay better worry about running out of sellers...Not buyers.  If you want to read about the quick spin scam go here: http://www.amarketplaceofideas.com/
dmitry-kovalivnich-spotted-as-a
nlogvins-
on-ebay-new-game-wheres-dmitry.htm

by: Steve

Wed Jan 30 08:21:25 2008

Poor little Rebecca. She sounds so angry and bitter and above it all.  Hey Beck Beck, the world isn't out to get you so lighten up.

by: Boston ebay seller

Wed Jan 30 08:27:50 2008

The New York Times has this story now. Click link in my address above.

January 29, 2008,  1:41 pm
Sellers Give Negative Feedback on eBay Changes
By Saul Hansell

by: Boston ebay seller

Wed Jan 30 08:29:09 2008

OK, NYTimes link is here:
e-feedback-on-ebay-changes/index.html

by: DISGUSTED

Wed Jan 30 08:38:40 2008

This is THE most idiotic thing I have ever seen eBay do to its workers, the sellers! I agree with and will participate in the BOYCOTT during the week of FEB 18TH-25TH. This is the only way to get eBay's attention. I have worked diligently with my customers to resolve any issues that may arise to keep my 100% feedback. EBay is cutting loose all of their deadbeat buyers onto the defenseless sellers!

Way to go eBay, brainless policies!

P.S. Rebecca is a NUT and shows the kind of whacked out thinking by some buyers! She sounds very retaliating. What's your ID Rebecca, show YOUR courage, so I can block you?

by: Retha Edwards

Wed Jan 30 08:42:37 2008

This one really has me wanting to get website traffic up so I can quit ebay. I can't believe that they think it is a good thing to only give postive feedback to buyers. I need to know if buyers practice good business as much as they need to know the same on me.

by: Tricia

Wed Jan 30 08:46:31 2008

BOYCOTT! BOYCOTT! BOYCOTT!

We are all upset about one part or another - some don't mind parts, others do. I hate it all! It is SO STUPID!

Just like the Boston Tea Party, if we don't stick together, our voice won't count!

BOYCOTT 9 - 15 FEB! NO LISTINGS! Do NOT list anything on eBay for one week! Let them see how much it hurts their coffers with the loss of funds for one week then and only then will they understand how it hurts sellers to not get paid for an item they have to ship for 21 days!

by: auction-guru

Wed Jan 30 08:46:51 2008

COUNT ME IN!

NO SELLING  FEB 18TH-25TH

be sure to post these dates many times on here, eBay boards, MYSPACE, the news, ect..... & i'll start emailing like crazy!

by: OnlineAuctioneer

Wed Jan 30 08:52:53 2008

I too am leaving Ebay.  Has anyone looked at www.ola.com?  I know their listing were higher than Ebay's several months ago and it's only $8.00 a month.  I know they have almost 11 million listings right now.  They seem more like Ebay used to be.  A true auction site.

by: auction-guru

Wed Jan 30 09:01:32 2008

Also ck into www.ioffer.com   I have an eBay store & w/ one click of a button w/ any eBay items, you can transfer your items to ioffer & only charged a fvf...nothing more! i've been selling on there for 3 yrs now & love it!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51  [Next Page]